Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Singapore Diaries: Universal Studios Singapore

If you've been reading my past posts then you'd know the bu and I are children stuck in grown up bodies. If you're on of our close friends then you'd know what we were really like in real life and everything posted here is not in any way an exaggeration. haha.

So it goes without saying, after Wicked, Universal Studios was high on our list of must-do's in SG. :D


I've been wanting to go because from the time we decided we were going to HK Disney people would tell us that Universal was waaaay better. So now I could finally put it all to the test and decide for myself.

Like in HK, everyone kept telling us we would be done in 3 hours. Once you've gotten through all the rides then you're done. Spend the whole day in Universal Studios: Challenge accepted. They obviously don't know us. We walk ssssslllloooooowww. Hehe, kidding.

Of course we left my cousin's house early because we were excited little children we didn't want to get lost and we were hitching with her to the bus so she could tell us where to get off. :))

Meet my cousin Coley. She adopted us for 5 days. Weeeee

We took a long walk with her and got to USS really early. Like 11 am early. The drawback of going that early, it was too warm and it only got warmer throughout the day. You actually start to develop a headache because you duck into an airconditioned area to escape from the heat and when you step out it's warmer than when you went it. That cycle of warm, cold, warm really gets to you.


Because we purchased our ticket on-line we didn't need to cue for tickets there. :) Yay for us!

Of course the first thing you do when you're in USS is take photos. Here are a few...We tried to get the best photo of the Universal globe thing-y but the thing was turning, so we took tons in different stages of the word Universal. Hopefully when you put them together, we can get a whole word. :D





Want to know what we did first in Universal Studios? After taking photos that is...



We went on the first ride we could see, the Madagascar ride. Let me tell you, it was not what you would expect. Maybe because I had such high expectations, because this was supposed to be better than HK Disney, but our first ride was a bust. It felt like it was more kiddie-ish and we just sat in the gondola and went around listening to the "animals" talk. But then again, just like in any movie, if you're too built up it rarely makes expectation. I guess if you are a fan of Madagascar and if you are below 4 feet you would have found this ride fun. :D




These were the only photos I was able to sneak since every time you go on a ride they make you keep your camera. :/

What I realized after a few rides at USS, their rides are more kid friendly. There were a lot that we decided we didn't want to ride because it was too hot and it didn't look like it would be fun. The other thing I wanted to do was watch shows, so after our first ride we trek to the Waterworld Show. I liked it, they start of interacting with the crowd, getting them all riled up and excited. They even pull out a few guests and soak them! It was fun to watch and the guy playing the lead was amazing on his jetski. It was a welcome break from the heat, that was until they started blowing things up. It was quiet a big production and I would recommend you catch it if you're in USS.

Here are a couple of photos with the cast after the show!



I never really watched the movie so I didn't really know what to expect. I must say I liked it. But a bit of advise, if you don't want to feel the warmth of the explosions don't stay by the front. If you don't want to get soaked don't stay by the front. But if you're up for anything then front is the way to go. :)

I have a lot more stories to share but this post is getting long so let me tell you about it in another post. :) For now, I'm going to dream about milk tea as I'm trying to wean myself off it. What a bad addiction!



No comments:

Post a Comment