Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fuerza Bruta: Brute Force


Nope, this post has nothing to do with beating people up. I have no need for physical violence in my life. Zen. Wooozah. :D

I am a show-whore, that just sounds wrong, I love watching productions. Plays, musicals, performances, concerts. I still dream of watching a world class ballet. I loved Cirque du Soleil and am excited for Saltimbanco, the new one coming to Manila, but more about that in another post. So imagine my excitement when my bestfriend told me about Fuerza Bruta. Ok, I admit at first I was confused, what the h*ll is Fuerza Bruta. But after much research I realized this show is gonna be awesome. Why might you ask? Well let me just walk you through everything I know about Fuerza Bruta.

Fuerza Bruta, or when translated means Brute Force, is an interactive theatrical experience that originated in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 2005. It is a non-stop collision of dynamic music, visceral emotion, and kinetic aerial imagery that resembles nothing less than a fantastic interactive theatrical experience. Too many big words? Let me show you...


Not your typical show, Fuerza Bruta breaks tradition. Shunning spoken language and theatrical convention, it is an event where worlds collide and reality takes a back seat. Audiences are engulfed in a 360 degree spectacle featuring mind-blowing visual effects within inches of the audience that must be seen to be believed - a man running full throttle on a giant treadmill, bursting through a series of moving walls; tumbling performers suspended in mid-air and gorgeous women twisting ethereally in a clear pool suspended overhead.




Founded by some of the creators of the international sensation De La Guarda, including Diqui James (De La Guarda Co-founder/Co-creator); Gaby Kerpel (De La Guarda Composer/Musical Director); Alejandro Garcia (De La Guarda Technical Director) and Fabio Daquila (De La Guarda Production Supervisor). You may not be familiar with these names, but I assure you they are important. Won't take my word for it? Then why don't we ask some of Diqui James' fans? Leonardo DiCaprio, Justin Timberlake, Madonna, Cameron Diaz, Sting, Britney Spears, Harrison Ford, Tyra Banks, Robert DeNiro, Catherine Zeta Jones, Sandra Bullock, Lucy Liu, Demi Moore, Lil Wayne, Jessica Alba, Fergie, Beyonce, Rachel McAdams, Jude Law, John Legend, Tyra Banks, Shakira, Alexis Bledel, Amber Tamblyn, Kelly Rowland, Michelle Williams, Serena Williams, Ashton Kutcher, Kanye West and more. I already sent them all facebook messages and am just waiting for them to send me their testimonials. Haha...feeling close.

But seriously, a hit around the world, Fuerza Bruta has been enjoyed by audiences from New York where it ran for 4 years in Broadway, Chicago, Miami, Puerto Rico, Caracas,Sao Paulo, London, Bilbao, Lisboa, Berlin, Madrid, Moscow and Taipei. And we get the chance to see it too. Hoopla Inc, the company responsible for bringing in Cirque du Soleil is once again treating Filipinos to world class entertainment without having to leave the country. How awesomely exciting right?


So I will see you there! :) We will be in awe and then we will get drunk because I haven't even told you about the best part. The show ends with a techno dance party.

Fuerza Bruta will be at the Manila Hotel Tent City. It will run for 6 weeks starting Feb. 14, 2012.

Show Schedules:
Monday to Thursday: - 8 PM
Friday and Saturday - 8 PM and 11 PM
Sunday - no show!

Ticket Prices are as follows:
Weekdays - Php 2,500
Weekends - Php 3,000

For more information and tickets visit Hoopla

No comments:

Post a Comment