Thursday, February 9, 2012

90's Kid at heart!

I often find myself sitting with a group reminiscing about the old times. *cringe* When was it decided that we are now part of the generation that was. I am definitely NOT going down without a fight!


*photos from Coley

Ok, that might be taking it too far, but having kids around makes it soooo much easier to hang on to your youth. You're forced to use your imagination and play pretend. You're forced to run around and play. So much fun!

The bu and I were talking about this place that he loved frequenting since he was in High School. It's one of those places you go to when you want to drink and be seen. It's funny how when you were in High School and you would go into a club and think, "what are all these old people doing here, don't they have jobs?" Oh how the tables have turned, our thought bubbles now say, "Who are these children and what are they doing here. Don't they have curfews?" Oh the harsh truth when it smacks you in the face, there is no reprieve.

What brought about this blogpost? Well, I spent most of the day listening to old school songs and I realized how much fun it is to be a kid of the 90's. Want me to show you some examples?

When I was younger, these were cool...

***photo from the internet

Jogging pants with buttons on the side. Whats! Buttons on the side? How awesome is that? They were so cool our school had to ban them from the PE uniform. LOL. How could we have survived that?

I tried looking for more photos but I couldn't find any, I guess the internet is telling me they were too horrible to remember. Oh the days of the tiny striped shirt paired with elephant pants. Oh and mid-rib shirts that you used to flaunt your awesome body.

And these shows kept us in all night.



I remember the times when I would be on the phone with a friend because cellphones and social networking sites were close to non-existent at that time and he would get frustrated with me because the conversation would stop whenever these shows were on. He would give up and call me back after 2 hours. :)

But what I miss most about the 90's would be the music. :)


When Nick Carter was still cute...


And Justin Timberlake was still part of N'Sync


And All Saints was still together...


And Britney Spears still looked like a virgin. Haha...

Seriously, there are a lot of awesome things about being a kid in 2012. But I miss the days when hanging out meant spending the afternoon in the mall watching movies, playing arcade and just spending time with your friends instead of creating a group on Facebook. I miss phone calls instead of text messages.

Maybe I am a 90's kid. But this 90's kid is happy and knows the value of a good sit-down and chat. :D


And the mistakes of a horrible idea turned into a photo. Hahaha...I miss my girlfriends!


No comments:

Post a Comment